Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Deadline June 28, 2019
TESRS is seeking an experienced CPA to serve as Chief Financial Officer for the $110 million defined benefit pension system for volunteer firefighters and other volunteer emergency services personnel.
The ideal candidate will be a certified public accountant with at least ten years of experience who is seeking to expand their career without sacrificing a home-life balance.
This is full-time position in downtown Austin that offers:
- Annual Salary Range ($72,000-$84,000) Benefits
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Medical/Health Insurance Plan
- Other Insurance Plans
- Other Paid Leave
- Pre-Tax Programs for Child and Health Care
- Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
The CFO works under the general direction of the Executive Director, and is responsible for:
- managing the system’s financial and investment accounting, cash management, financial analysis, and budgeting functions;
- providing coordination and review for investment valuation, benchmarking, and liquidity analysis functions; and
- other duties as needed.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in general ledger accounting and financial reporting.
- Three (3) years of experience preparing budgets.
- Five (5) years of experience preparing and reviewing complex reconciliations.
- Experience with audits.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
To apply on-line:
Application Deadline: June 28, 2019